Traditionally poteen is thought to be one of the strongest drinks in the world, our focus was to have a Potato Moonshine final product that is smooth and easy to drink and enjoy.
Irish poteen has been called uisce beatha (water of life) dates back to Christian monks in the 6th century introducing the art of distillation. It is an ancient farm-based spirit that was distilled in small single pot stills, giving it the name poteen (pota is Irish for â€œlittle potâ€. Traditionally made from potatoes or barley the proof ranged from 40% AVB to as high as 95% AVB.
s we have embraced the romance of Ireland’s poteen history and added some Texas flair. Bottled at 40% AVB this potato spirit is welcoming and smooth whether it is consumed neat, bloomed or on the rocks.
- 1Â½ oz The Creature
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice (about the juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 oz water
- 1 Â¼ oz simple syrup
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 2 strawberries
- Optional: extra lemon slices, mint, and strawberries for garnish
- In the bottom of a mason jar or other glass, muddle together syrup and mint leaves. Add strawberries to the jar and continue to muddle mixture.
- Add The Creature, lemon juice, and water, stir with ice.
- Garnish with extra lemon slices, mint, and strawberries, if desired.